Thursday, December 2, 2010

Library Loot - December 1 - 7



Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Marg from The Adventures of an Intrepid Reader and Claire from The Captive Reader that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, head over to Marg's or Claire's, register, and e check out what other participants are getting from their libraries!

I'm a librarian, so I usually have a pile of books from the library ready to read. Usually I have to keep renewing them or pay overdue fines since I can't ever get caught up!  Today, I picked up Ape House by Sara Gruen (author of Water for Elephants).  I can't wait to read it!

An excerpt from Publisher's Weekly:
"...[The story begins with] the bombing of the Great Ape Language Lab, a university research center dedicated to the study of the communicative behavior of bonobo apes. The blast, which terrorizes the apes and severely injures scientist Isabel Duncan, occurs one day after Philadelphia Inquirer reporter John Thigpen visits the lab and speaks to the bonobos, who answer his questions in sign language. After a series of personal setbacks, Thigpen pursues the story of the apes and the explosions for a Los Angeles tabloid, encountering green-haired vegan protesters and taking in a burned-out meth lab's guard dog. Meanwhile, as Isabel recovers from her injuries, the bonobos are sold and moved to New Mexico, where they become a media sensation as the stars of a reality TV show."

4 comments:

  1. if my library had e-books I would be there as much as I used to go. I am, sadly, an instant gratification type. thank you for coming by. I do have some widgets but am a light widget user compared to many.

    I don't use music or flashing, rotating etc. widgets. Steph
    www.fangswandsandfairydust.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always meant to read Water For Elephants by this author. Hope you enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you like Ape House! I loved Water For Elephants and I've been meaning to try more of Gruen's work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVED Water for Elephants, I'm curious to see if her follow up can possibly measure up!

    ReplyDelete